Trent Lott finally retiring

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Trent Lott finally retiring

Post by tamra »

[font color=Blue]http://www.cnn.com

Sources: Lott to resign by end of year

Sen. Trent Lott, R-Mississippi, intends to resign by the end of the year, sources tell CNN.

Lott decided to run for a fourth Senate term in 2006 for reasons including representing Mississippi and the Gulf Coast region in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

He now feels he's laid the groundwork in Washington to make sure the region is looked after, according to a source familiar with his announcement.

Lott intends to join the private sector.

Lott, 66, served as Senate majority leader when Republicans controlled that body but was pushed out of the leadership post after he told a 2002 birthday gathering for former Sen. Strom Thurmond that the country would have avoided "all these problems" if Thurmond's 1948 segregationist presidential bid had succeeded.

Lott later apologized for his "poor choice of words."

Before his tenure in the Senate, Lott represented Mississippi for 16 years in the House of Representatives.[/font]

good riddence! but scary thought that he's left his legacy to run w/out him.

and what he meant by "poor choice of words" was I forgot this wasn't a KKK meeting and that some of yall here could be descendants of those damned northern agressors and agitators. @.@
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Trent Lott finally retiring

Post by tamra »

astonamous,

rumor has it he's quitting to become a lobbyist earlier than later. if he retires later, he has to wait 2 years to become lobbyist! 8-O that dirty sommabish!!! now watch who he helps to get elected: someone to keep the dirty games up. @.@
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.