another 60s killer convicted some 40 years later

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: another 60s killer convicted some 40 years later

Post by tamra »

Appaloosa,

here is more info on Emmett. his funeral pic is shown on the Chapter 7 link in the crime library file

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till - wikipedia.org - Emmett'

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_m ... index.html - www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/ ... index.html'

when you just read the info as well as see the photo, you just want to shake the living shit out of Carolyn Bryant until she does something to name all the names involved to get this resolved.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
i mean who doesnt know the name Emmit Till....but i just didnt know the personal facts about him...an that he was the boy that supposedly whistled at this woman.....thats strange that some people think they are better than others cause we all bleed red an spout every bodily function there is ...we do........okay i could get graphic but i wont....like i sed she is as guilty as her husband...i remember that Muhammid Ali was young an gonna fight Liston the second time that some guy came to see him an he was old but he gave a story of hanging an such an said they cut off his balls an he showed Ali the scars an i dont remember the rest of the story but Ali took care of him....i think a lot of people back then may have to pay for such things...many many many people....too many to count b.b
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
omg........i seen the picture an it is so sad that someone can actually do something like that an still be walkin around free.....i mean i know it happened off an on periodically in that era...but that is chilling....specially when men did it to a boy....who was innocent....then to have the audicity to have an interveiw in a nationwide magazine an tell what they did...i do beleive that people shunned them an thier stores went bankrupt...no wonder....and his wife??....people can defend her an say she had nothing to do with it but she knew an never said anything...she is just as guilty.....i may be a moron jackazz but he is a killer....cruel killer.... :X
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Appaloosa,

to be true to Mississippi, "ain't that some shit?" :lol: and right now Carolyn Bryant's family got nerve to have a no trespassing sign on her front lawn, yet her husband trespassed all over Emmett's family property.

I'll rip that bullshit sign down and in half to show her I mean business! ]:o)

but Ali's comments in the wiki article pretty much summed up how a lot of people felt. u can't see a human doing something like that. 8-o but that and worse done since slavery, and put on public display to celebrate. :(

in Harlem, vendors keep reminders of the public lynchings by keeping the pics on display for all to see. and I think the last public lynching was just in the late 1980s, the case where Morris Dees sued and bankrupted the Klan, and gave their assets to the black mother of the young man lynched.

that's why when I travel somewhere I don't ever act timid as if I don't belong or am not welcome, or as if I should step aside for someone more worthy. hell no, because of all who died on everyone's behalf, not just blacks but whites, native indians, asians and hispanics who died for not wanting to be a part of hate. they can't enjoy the places I see everyday, but made it possible for me.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
yes thats all true.....i had trouble every now n then with people sayin that i didnt belong in a store or somthin....or is someone cut in front of me while i was turned the other way an i said somthing then they would say something an the register person would not say anything when she had the right to say i was next but said nothing an serve the person there....or even just walkin down the street an have people in cars hollar racial slurs.....but keep on drivin....i was talkin to someone about that an they acted surprised an said hey prejudice does still exist??? i was amazed that someone was so ignorant an living in thier little world.....they were white of course.....i like when they said Till would not admit he done anything wrong which he didnt....an acted non chalant an defiant...so that spurred them onto killin him...i think anyone that still lived with someone that did that and things like that...is crazy....i mean you can kill somebody but then he didnt do just that he tortured him then killed him....it was horrific what he did....i mean to go to bed an sleep in the same bed that that monster slept in...every night :X