Bush / Eisenhower

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
JTF
XXX

Bush / Eisenhower

Post by JTF »

I was thinking about two Republicans and their differences...

Dwight D. Eisenhower was born in Texas, but raised elsewhere (Kansas.)

George W. Bush was born elsewhere (Conneticut,) but raised in Texas.

Ike was a war hero.

Bush spent his service time flying an outdated aircraft, and "flying high in the friendly sky."

Ike ended the Korean War.

Bush started the Iraq War.

Ike made sure his son was in the military (and was pissed at Truman for having his son, John Eisenhower brought to D.C. for his inauguration.)

Bush never has mentioned any possibility of his daughters entering the service.

Ike left office warning usa to beware the "Military-Industrial Complex."

Bush has done more to further the Military-Industrial Complex than any president ever.

(I could continue, but you get the idea... I need to get back to work!)
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Bush / Eisenhower

Post by tamra »

JTF,

sad, huh? republican then is not the same as republican now.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

JTF,
This was real good, real good. & Interesting.

The thing is, we (maybe not you and I) but the American public voted this devil in and look what has happened. b.b ]:o(
Where is the LOVE?
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

tis2flyyy,

I got to thinking about this because I've been thinking about how Bush can look a mother of a dead soldier in the eye and honestly tell her that her son (or daughter) died for a just cause. But would he tell his own child that risking her life in Iraq would be for a just cause? Hell no. Or at least one of his girls would be over there sitting behind a desk somewhere with enough security around her to make Iraq actually seem safe. So that he can actually feel that this is a just cause for anyone not related to him to die for makes him a hypocritical bastard. ]:o(

Ike saw war first-hand. He knew what war was and knew that you only put lives in harms way if absolutely necessary. His son was stationed in Korea. He wanted his son to have a good military career, and then who knows what the future would have held. Truman went behind his back and called for John Eisenhower to be brought from Korea in what seemed like a goodwill gesture, but actually did what Ike knew it would, in that it pained the incoming President's son as being above the other military members in Korea (and hurting his career.) This was all done as a "F-U" to Ike, who Harry-Ass never liked... (I like Truman too... I just had to get his nickname in there!)

But essentially, Ike wouldn't send anyone to die in a war he wouldn't send his own kid to. Even if it was one he wasn't a fan of himself... That's leadership.

I did vote for a Republican this last election for the first time... His name was John McCain! ;)
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

deepseas, I do not think any of us are sleeping all that well since Bush is in office.