Local courts violate peoples constitutional rights by sending them to Alcoholics Anonymous.

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Re: Local courts violate peoples constitutional rights by sending them to Alcoholics Anonymous.

Post by Murphdogg »

deepseas, I also don't think it's fair to the people in AA to have to deal with people that don't want to be in AA or haven't hit their "bottom" yet. And it sure as hell ain't fair to force anyone to go to the meetings. They did that to uhm..me when I was a teenagr and stuff.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Re: Local courts violate peoples constitutional rights by sending them to Alcoholics Anonymous.

Post by Murphdogg »

damn..I read it..and I agree..people are about as likely to stop on their own as to stop with a 12 step group, and maybe mroe so.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Murphdogg,
I don't think a person can be forced to rehab and like you say its disruptive to the people who want to be there...the army ordered me to attend meetings and take antibuse or whatever that stuff that makes you puke after any contact with alcohol is called, they say mouthwash and after shave can set it off...luckily my captain went to bat for me and pointed out I wasn't drunk when I got in trouble, it was just assumed alcohol was involved.
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

deepseas,
[/i]I would probably have worked things out faster with professional help[/i]...but what worries me is how do we know the person who is providing that help isn't nuttier than a fruit cake, I want to know that persons opinion on everything before they start fkn with mine...I'm glad helps there for those who need and desire it but the sad thing is those who are forced into going are the ones who can't afford good counceling and end up with some county appointed VA reject behavioralist who is only there for the retirement benefits.
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

deepseas,
I was too ignorant to ask for help when I needed it and your right recovery takes a long time without someone there to help you.

thats why "I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer, the futures uncertain and the end is always near". ;)
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

hellifiknow,
golly gee i wished idda said that