Black on Black crime

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tis2flyyy

Re: Black on Black crime

Post by tis2flyyy »

bcddjjsc690,
WORD!

Just now, only moments ago, did I get caught up in a racist moment.

You see, I am looking for payment on some fees I had to pay out of my own pockets, which should have actually been covered by my medical insurance. Come to find out, the insurance that I have been paying all of these months for, was not the insurance that was in force. Data entry error on the insurance company part. Now, they want to start the proper insurance...as of May 1, when it should have been since 10/1/05. I am out of about $3000. And the bitches (all white, mind you) have the nerve to get agitated with me for asking - "so, when do you think I will be reimbursed for premiums I have alrady paid for imsurance that I did not have?" I was responded to by them saying " Well, we have your paperwork, and it is the same sitution we told you last time...we are short staffed and behind on our paperwork. WE WILL GET TO YOU WHEN WE GET TO YOU!".

I have been going around and around with this since the end of April 2006. And The bitches have the nerve to talk shit to me?????????????

& I do not know whether to cry from frustration or just cuss those bitches out and quit squabbling with them and just take this to court. But I will tell youthis...I NEVER cry and I feel liek it right now. People who know me, know that when I cry.....some shit is about to happen!

But WHY do we have to be subjected in going through this type of shit ALL OF THE DAMN TIME??????

Oh yea sure, someone is going to say "Well T this did not happen just because you are black!" You know, I thought of that - tried to keep an open mind...but their are small minded people EVERYWHERE - even in insurance companies. And if I am told this, I will take out my anger on the fool and cuss their ass out, because the very SAME thing happened to another individual in my company and he is white. He made his complaint AFTER I did (in mid-May 2006) and guess what? He has his refund (since June 2). So tell me, what the freak is up with that!!!!
Where is the LOVE?
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tis2flyyy,
i beleive that...there is some cold insurance people....my friend payed for eighteen years an was late once an they let him go.....cause he was gettin close to the time to pay off....that is cruel.....these people are like the government......they dont discriminate.....against anyone.......they will cut you off for the money... b.b
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

deepseas,
You always put a better perspective on things. So much so, you have motivated me to impart suggestions based upon the knowledge you have given.

This is such a dismal subject. But your sense of reasoning brings a different and very good view to mind. Like addressing or providing a plausible solution for :What can U actually do about it ?”

You are correct in wasting time wallowing in it. And I admire how you have had the fortitude to grow a thick skin against something that really is never going to go away.

Now, just for those who don't know, brown people do not just go a few days or weeks and happen upon a racist moment. No sir-ree. If you are brown, and particularly bonafide (such as you and I) you will most definitely happen upon the occasion, daily.

The fact of the matter is plain and simple. If you are brown and in america, you are at a distinct disadvantage.

However, with that knowledge, I am armed. AND the good news is - so are you!
Couple that with knowledge/education – be it a BA in college or a PHD in life experience – make you lethal and deadly. Use the powers that you HAVE for your better good.

The old formula says – first you get the knowledge, then you get the power…then you get the money. After that, you get the honey.

You see, on the real and in my mind, I firmly believe that I am un-fade-able. Even with all of these negatives issues facing us - we can still - as they say - WIN. & You do not have to be Michael Jordan or Denzel Washington to do it.

However the mentality that you will have to adopt is the un-fade-able attitude. If you want to survive & win. & That, you must!

Meaning (addressing all of the haters):
YOU may have a problem with my skin color, the way that I speak, the way I dress, talk, worship, hang up my laundry, or wipe my ass.

But - I, most certainly, do not!

Whatever you THINK about me is of no consequence as whether you like me or not is not going to pay my bills or put food in my stomach.

& I am also feeling like this here:

I AM GOING TO GET MINE! As our illustrious Malcolm once said "By whatever means necessary". Ya heard?

& When I say MINES - I mean that proverbial 40 acres and a mule that is OWED to me. You can decipher what is owed to you by whatever way that you please. For me, it is what any other rightful american deserves. Sum it up as that.

The perceived thoughts in your hating ass heads is not going to hold me down. This is the 2006. That slave crap ended long ago. You may have not yet fully realized it, but I have.

& When I deliver that message in word or deed (or both), in many cases, the result is like Steve Harvey said - Either they are going to roll with you or your are going to have to roll over them.

Also, to my fellow brown people! HARK!!!! What the freak is actually your problem? You live in a country where dogs and cats go to bed with full bellies! Why are you perceived to be lacking or to be a have-not???? Are you not better than a dog or a cat? (To the animal lovers – no disrespect intended). .

GET OUT THERE AND GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR AND GET YOURS!!!!! It is there for you to have...all you have to do is reach out and attain it. It is a simple as that. QUIT ALL THAT COMPALINING SHIT!! There is NO ONE to blame for your circumstances but yourself! & Likewise, if you want things better, then MAKE IT THAT WAY!

That is the rolling over part to which I am referring.

Once upon a time, when I was considering moving to Cali – I was told “There is GOLD in them there hillz!” And you know what? I decided – “What the hell?! , By golly, I am going to go out there and get me some!” So, here I am! & So I did.

Let me kindly put all of what I am saying into perspective:
Take for instance, if you have been incarcerated, or you have poor credit or even have a tenacious attitude to smoke weed everyday or a propensity to check a bitch verbally when wronged (real situations for brown people) - and these conditions, one way or the other, have disabled you from gaining reasonable employment or a means to earn your money so that you can live out here in this world & take care of your responsibilities.

So then, you feel forced to do something drastic to survive - like sale dope, steal, mob, loot or sell yourself, cheat the system (again, real situations for brown people).

What are you supposed to do when the odds are so stacked up against you – how to solve the elusive question to STEP UP OUT of that type of shit and live a good and productive life?

Well, I am going to be truthful with you - it certainly is not easy, given the situation in which brown folks have been endured to live. But you do have one thing to ensure your success here - & never forget.

What is that Big T?

BOOT STRAPS! The unmitigated wherewithal to pick up the mutha-f-ing pieces and pull your self together, get a plan in order, a sense of direction and set out to get some good shit done!

Pull your bootstraps up and stop having a defeatist attitude. You have as much control over your destiny as God’s cards allow. & If God is on your side, who can possibly be against you? & When you finds those that are against you, why should you care? So proceed with good courage and make something positive of your life. After all, it is up to YOU. That is certainly no one else’s responsibility. If your are down - don't give up! –Shieeeiiiittt! - You are not OUT – are you???!! After all, being down only means you have no other direction to go but UP! This is reality. & If this even matters in the grand scheme of things - , in number, the WHITES are the REAL minority. WE of multiple colors - long considered the minority are actually the majority! And what I was taught as an accountant is that the larger number RULES. Now, bust that!

Listen to your girl here, I am trying to convey to you some good shit!

But also remember, the devil (negative doers and influence) be busy like, every second, minute of every day. So, always BE AWARE and on BEWARE.

From my Muslim upbringing, I found that this method works proficiently well.

But you must have a strong heart and a strong will. You must be determined and willing to persevere. You must continue to stand strong and hold your own. You must be willing to go on – not as you have been – but on a higher and better level.

We are not going to ever get away from the racist bullshit.
But a few things that we CAN do – to make it better for ourselves is: MOVE to a moderately racist free environment (if there is such a thing). Position yourself in a location where you can operate with some ease. Also, when employment eludes you due to the color of your skin or issues you may have as a result - start you OWN business.

How do you do that with no money, no ideas?

On the idea part, I can directly help you.
What do you like to do and do very well? And what is it that you like to do that can be parlayed into making some money?
If you can fix a toilet and replace your momma's kitchen sink - go around the hood and hustle you up some business - you may be a good plumber. If you can screw in a light bulb, mow a lawn, clean up storage areas - go around the hood and hustle you up some business - you may be a good handy man. If you can wash a car to near perfection and use a vacuum cleaner - go around the hood and hustle you up some business - you may very well be a good auto detailer. If you can fry the heck up out of some chicken and make a mean potato salad and blackberry cobbler - go around the hood and hustle you up some business - you may be a very good caterer. If you have like a lot of kids and can't get a job because who will watch your kids and the high cost of daycare, open a day care! You very well may be an awesome caregiver!

You can very well do this all out of your living space and for not very much. Once you sell your wares or services, you will then start having chips to keep the party going! Translation – Money to live off of! You see? That is what I am talking about!

Free yourself from the chains that you perceive to bind you!! ROLL OVER THAT NEGATIVE SHIT. If you are self employed, your arrest record, not being able to pass a drug test, or your poor credit will be of no consequence - if you are running your own program! If you have you OWN means of getting this money out here!

For other ideas - also look at what the hood people (multiple color people) want & need and form a business to provide it. After all, we collectively spend billions annually. If we are so poor and downtrodden - where in the hell are we getting all of this money from????? We should keep our resources with ourselves.

Let's see, these are the types of things they need:
Laundry mats
Beauty/ Barber/ Nail salons
Check cashing places
Car washes
Dry cleaner
Corner convenient stores
Gas stations
Places to eat
Clothing/ Shoes shops
Nightclubs, social places
Exercise facilities/ programs
Social places to gather
Daycares for adults and children
And I am certain that you can think of more as you see the direction that I am going here. What ever your hood needs or has availability for.

Then you may need some chips ($$) to get you started.

How do you get that?

Well, there are several ways…but I am not going to list them in this post.
& If you are seriously considering this – with all of your issues, trust and believe, there is a way. But like I said, you have to be DOWN and ready to handle your shiznet.

We are smart and we are resilient. There is not too much you can throw our way that we cannot handle or adjust to. So, if you are serious and you feel the need to bitch about the plight of the brown american - do so in a way where in the end - you benefit and are much better for it.

One thing they cannot stand is for you to be too proud, too free AND too successful.

So, do your thang----> The RIGHT THING and get down like you live! You will be all right!

Welll, that was my motivational speech for today. It may sound easier said than done. But nothing in this life is easy. & Anything worth having, you must first be willing to work for it.

So, REGULATORS – mount up! Take control of your situations and make some real, good and positive things happen in your life always. & May peace, protection and blessings always be upon you in your act of doing all that you need to do to handle your business.

Word.
Where is the LOVE?
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tis2flyyy,
you sure have covered alot ,

Another thing I notice here is , the black woman get hired, it's the black man that has a more difficult time .
You see the black woman isn't a threat to mR.rAcIst ,and we all know he is fond of her shape and womanly beauty,

mR rAcIst does not want to afford the black man an even chance , when it comes to earning a living ,or getting an education in SC . The system is layered to supress subtly , on many levels , to accomplish a desired affect .

mR. rAcIst has been groomed to believe he is superior .When the facts or circumstance show equality , that's a loss for him and it negates his understanding of his place in the world and everything he believes to be true .He believes any other race than his own to be less than himself ,worth less, deserving less. capable of less.Less than the "man" he is .

I'm sure the country we live in has a different version of racism than another country might ,Even state to state , things are different .
I can only comment on where I lived and what I have experienced.

Hatred will not defeat it , only education, can make us [/i]"one nation , under GOD , indevisible .....[/i]

We have such a fragmented way in America , it's no wonder an enemy like Al - Quaida exists to exploit our faults ,use democracy and what we call freedom ,against us and slowly kill us off.
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

deepseas,
WORD!

That is why I am so thankful for people such as yourself, who are willing to impart some of their knowledge and wisdom for the better good.

See, I am a straight up radical - & I do agree with your view and sugessted solutions to the problem. But being a radical, my way is not for everybody, but it damn sure works. There are a lot of strong people out here, just looking for the way out....we are here today - providing all kinds of valuable information for them.

Now, I have a question?
Do you have any suggestions on how to elevate the brown man - I mean if ww as women catch hell, you know that the brown man catches it all day long. What are your thoughts here? I mean, it will not be easy to address, after all this problem has been years in the making, surely it will take as many years to solve - but where might we begin?

I tried being down with the brothas, only to get caught up in some BS. How can we reach out to one another without all of the excess drama?

By the way - Yes, I have your message and I am going. Looking quite forward to it. I will be on the look out for your associate, as well. THIS may very weel the eay for me to STOP having to run that messy race. DARN RIGHT! I am going to go and holla at these people! :)

Bcdd,

The brown woman gets more opportunities because she is lessed feared than the brown man is. Don't you know mr. racist is afraid of you and your strength?!?!?! THAT has been the problem all along. But like I say, ROLL OVER THAT SHIT TOO! The way around that is to join hands or get on the same team with a strong brown woman - and see if your azs do not rise up. YEA! I said RISE! Not as in erection but as in standing up taller, stronger and more proud.

Trust and believe, a real strong DOWN AZZ brown female can assist you mightly. But their is so much division and jealously and envy amoungst us. Nowaday, a sista will not give a broke ass brother NO TYPE of holla. Anyway, it is a never ending battle and what are you going to do?

One thing you better not do is - NEVER GIVE UP!

& that is word.
Where is the LOVE?
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

FUCK BUSH AND AND HIS GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GRAND UNCLE WILLIE LYNCH!!! ]:o( :X
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

bingolong,

[Font size=7 face=v color=Maroon]WORD!!!!!!!!!!!![/font]
Where is the LOVE?
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13560066/ - I live it everyday '

Here in my home AMERICA b.b
Mister Gee

Post by Mister Gee »

bcddjjsc690,

It's the same bullshit worldwide. In order to "succeed" you have to be Mr "Non-threatening" any iota of opinionated thought gets quickly picked up on and BANG!...there goes your promotion.

For most men, maintaining such a facade is what causes the stress. If you don't "play the game" you end up being another broke brother (and God knows there's too many of those around), but if you "play the game" too much you feel like a punk.

I've almost started to resent it when white people say to me "wow, you're quite intelligent", because so are most of my friends, so are most of my family, so are most people I know. It's just that even in 2006 opportunities are limited and so there are several "intelligent" brothers doing shitty jobs. b.b

I'm not making excuses for "no-good" muthafukkas, but every race has their fair share of laziness. But the stress to hold on to, maintain and keep a sense of dignity in a world that constantly blocks your potential can be quite overwhelming.

But I try to be quite optimistic, I only see good things in the future, but all of us need to recognise that in order to combat this sickness it's going to take a concerted effort.

Of course there may be some who read this and think "what the hell is he talking about? this isn't the 1960's", such people refuse to be a part of the solution, because to do so, they would have to recognise that, alas, there still is a problem. b.b

Still we rise! :)

Peace gee
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

deepseas,
[/i]elite[/i],

Most racism is rooted in the standard of living,
Competing for jobs ,housing,income , and a way to provide for your family,

At some point a normally rightgeous God fearing man, will put aside his beliefs , to gain that, which he may not have been able to attain fairly .

Is racism a by-product of the survival of the fittest,? Or is it a conscious effort to undermine those who you feel strange to you .Strange in that they speak differently, dress differently , worship differently , Look differently?