George Bush doesn't care about black people.

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Borrachon

George Bush doesn't care about black people.

Post by Borrachon »

Well...someone had to say it, I never thought it would be Kanye West.
He did the right thing and it's shocking to see how no one is suporting him...people saying he's just getting publicity for his album...that was obviously not on his mind then...if anyone ever spoke from the heart..He did.Plus he's a smart businessman and that not good for his career at all, they'll never invite him on a live show again..they'll probably boycott his shit now...he knows all this and still...50's talking bout' shooting motherfuckers all day long but he'd never have the guts to do some like that...Kanye, much respect to you.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: George Bush doesn't care about black people.

Post by bingolong »

Borrachon,
MTV and BET has him booked for live shows!! 8-o :lol:

But the thing is Larry King asked Jesse Jackson if he agreed with Kanye's statement and after much beating around the Bush he said he did......."The Man" has got some of these older black leaders running scared!!Hell they seen what they did to Kennedy and King back in the day.....

:(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Mister Gee

Post by Mister Gee »

bingolong,

I think that Kanye spoke from the heart. It wasn't a slick well rehersed statement, you could see that he was reacting to the situation. In hindsight it might seem like a publicity stunt because many people are silently nodding in agreement, but it could have so easily have gone the wrong way. I personally admire the man for telling it like it is.

It's good to see that the corporate stranglehold on artists isn't complete.

Peace gee
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Mister Gee,
definitely and it's good to see not only somre of these leaders are backing but the entertainment community also:

Stars Support West's Outburst

Jay-Z, Sean 'Diddy' Combs and Matt Damon are among a host of stars who have applauded Kanye West for his public attack on Us President George W. Bush on Friday. During an appearance on A Concert For Hurricane Relief - a live telethon broadcast across America - West broke away from his script to voice his disgust at the media's portrayal of the Gulf Region's African-Americans and to slam the slow delivery of aid. But the biggest stir of all came when West boldly declared, "George Bush doesn't care about black people." West's Def Jam colleague Jay-Z says, "I'm backing Kanye 100 per cent. This is America. You should be able to say what you want to say. We have freedom of speech. (The slow response to the disaster) is really numbing. You can't believe it's happening in America. You wonder, what's going on? Why were people so slow to react? I don't understand it." Combs notes, "I think he spoke from his heart. He spoke what a lot of people feel... It ain't adding up, man. It's not making sense. If the reporters can get there and you all can get there with microphones, somebody should be able to get there with food." Damon adds, "This guy with his moment on live television made a statement that hopefully now Bush will come out and address, because he doesn't have to address anything else... The White House Press Corp, they should all have their credentials taken away. Not one of them's an honest journalist. Not one of them asked a question of the guy." Meanwhile, actress Susan Sarandon has a slightly different take on West's comments: "I don't think that's an original thought, but it's probably true."
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

Borrachon,

I am pretty sure that George W. Bush doesn't have anything against black people. To make such a statement is simply asinine to me. A rapper I never heard of says it and suddenly his record sales will go up. I'm sure his reasons for saying it had nothing to do with the publicity he is now receiving. I will go back to ignoring him now.

On the other hand, while I don't believe Bush has anything against black people per se, I do believe he doesn't give a flying fuck about either poor people or persons who didn't vote for him. New Orleans has a lot of people who fall into either of these two catagories.

Remember, George was raised by a woman who just said the other day that the people currenly living in the Astrodome are better off than they were before. She also said she is concerned about comments about them staying in Texas. I get the feeling George was a spoiled, coddled little mama's boy.

1228 days and counting...
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

bingolong,
We sent a letter: we are so proud that he spoke the truth...
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Jennifer,
Word!!! B-)
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

Jennifer,

For all we know he's on Karl Rove's payroll.

All his statement did was get some people to agree, and a lot to defend Bush. Dividing people along racial lines has done more harm to this country than anything else. Ever heard of slavery? Think it was really about racism? Nope it was about controlling the underclass.

In the early days of slavery there was slavery, and indentured servitude. Generally slaves were Africans bought in Africa from Africans who captured and sold other Africans, but there were many cases of those who were essentially stolen. Indentured servants were generally Europeans (although there were indentured servants of African ancestry) who wanted a better life, so they agreed to a contract to pay off their passage to America thru a period of service, usually 2-5 years (many were kidnapped, or tricked into it too. Nothing like being down and some guy buys you a drink. Several drinks later you pass out, then awaken on a ship!) The service time would usually be extended, but the essential difference between the two was that indentured servants had a light at the end of the tunnel (even though some slaves bought their freedom too.)

A problem came up. The rich, white people who owned these slaves and indentures servants found that birds of a feather indeed do flock together. White and black seemed to get along as long as they found themselves in a similar situation. They would dance and party together!

Well, numbers don't lie. When you have 20 men that own 100 men eventually those 100 men may rise up and kill those 20. It beats living the rest of your life working your ass off for nothing. So they needed a way of controling the lower class. Indentured servitude went the way of the dinosaur, as many were running away anyways, and runaway slaves were somehow easier to spot than runaway servants. Hell, servants and slaves were running away together, posing as master and slave!

The rich bastards then basically told their former servants "You're white, like us. We'll take care of you." Thus forming a weak bond with them and assuring that in case of a slave revolt, the poor whites would have their backs. The slaves had no such luck.

Today, you still have a similar situation. White idiots across the red states vote for an idiot like Bush because they feel he's one of them. Through their hatred, they feel a kinship with the rich, upper class of the slave masters instead of one with those in the next field with similar cuts on their hands from cotton burs. They feel as they are taught, that "At least I ain't no nigger."

So does Bush hate black people? I think the answer is much more complicated than a simple yes or no. In any event the question is moot, as in 1224 days we are thru with him and the next rich bastard will take over. Whether thay have a "D" next to their name (they control black folk by saying "T am for you!" and then not doing shit to support that claim, or they have a "R" next to their name (don't say shit about black folk, don't do shit for black folk) the result will remain the same. The poor and underprivilaged in society will largely stay the poor and underprivilaged due to a combination of inaction and manipulization by the rich, white minority that is in charge.

Hell, you know that the millionaires club doesn't want young black men to join, but they will give a few some millions if they can keep the masses believing that the only way to make good money is to either be a basketball player or a rapper. That way they still make money off them, and the large part of black youth look past an education and hard work to the dream of easy money that is not likely to come...

]:o( ]:o( ]:o( ]:o( ]:o( ]:o( ]:o( ]:o( ]:o( ]:o(

OK. I'm done with my rant now.
Mister Gee

Post by Mister Gee »

JTF,

Yeah I think that we can all appreciate the economic motivation for slavery (if it wasn't so profitable...then it wouldn't have lasted so long). But Racism gains form when people try to justify their immoral actions by denigrating the people that their actions are affecting.

Right now, I'm in the US, and race is such a huge issue here, it's like the ugly aunt who insists on Kissing eveybody's lips. Because of the way that the US was built (stolen land & stolen labour), this is a issue that manifests itself in several forms.

Whether Bush is more or less racist than any other President is always gonna be a difficult one to call. But in this situation in New orleans, he hasn't done himself any favours by his innactivity in the aftermath.

I'm not the biggest supporter of Blair, but I will give him credit for heading straight down to London when we got bombed. How long did it take Bush to get down to New Orleans? Surely you can see how bad this looks in the eyes of the world. We see thousands of majority black people starving and dehydrating and the President is nowhere to be seen. And to add insult to injury, the main reports are focusing on the looting and crime that has occurred in the devastated region.

In the light of such blatant injustice, it is easy to see how Kanye would make such a comment. Now am I saying that Bush is more racist than Blair? (or any other European Leader)....not really? Am I saying that Bush is worse than some of the african dictators who are also responsibl;e for the deaths of many....of course not (evil is evil regardless of colour). But I will say that someone had to highlight the racial angle that is so evident in the aftermath of this disaster. I keep telling my friends back in London, that they are not receiving half of the reports that you guys are getting over here.

Peace gee
Borrachon

Post by Borrachon »

I'm so proud Jennifer actually replyed to something i started...she knows I exist, today sarted bad, I really needed that.Thanx Jennifer ( I can call you Jennifer now?)...I'm gonna go before Rich starts to think i'm getting too close to his girl.Good Night (and fuck Bush).Peace