Monday Night at the Improv

Jennifer vents! Put on your hard hat and safety goggles before you enter!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Monday Night at the Improv

Post by Jennifer »

Well-folks I went there to check out a couple of comics-and saw a whole bunch of bad people who were not anywhere near funny, except for the guy I went to see Corey Holcomb! I liked him and I laughed! I don't know what the rest of them thought they were doing but it's certainly wasn't comedy!I think it was about booty, not comedy.BECAUSE BY THE SOUND OF IT-THEY ARE DESTROYING THE ART FORM-OR TRYING TO-it was a room full of bootyologists.NO ONE HAD A ROUTINE-NO ONE HAD WORKED AT ANYTHING EXCEPT COREY!No discipline or respect for the art! Fuck-I'm glad RP didn't see that shit! The line-up absolutley sucked and the room and the entire club was a bad-fucked up vibe! I wouldn't recommend it! Richard's legacy isn't just the freedom of language-it's content-stories about growing up-being in raltionship-people from the hood-all of it! I heard NOT ONE STORY last night-NOT ONE! Save for Corey.
BUT NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS: Not only did Corey save the evening but we ran into our boys Gareth and GPHolms-so Cbreeze and Suzy and Vee and me hung out and had a drink-and it was GP's b'day! They are great guys and it was so kool meeting them and laughing and we're gonna do it again: Just not there-anywhere but there! Running into everyone was a cool drink of water after a drought that was that scene!Just great! And if there are any ladies listening-those boys, Gareth and GP are some handsome little motherfuckers! ):) 8-o